The Pocket Testament League is an international, interdenominational evangelical ministry. Its emphasis rests on the distribution and reading of the Word of God, evangelism and discipleship of Christians. The goal is to build the body of Christ.
Many have been able to testify to the saving grace of the Lord Jesus Christ because they had been given a Bible, New Testament or Gospel.
The Pocket Testament League worldwide seeks to:
- Encourage Christians to read the Bible daily for personal spiritual growth and to use the Scriptures in witnessing to others.
- Publish and distribute Scriptures in many languages worldwide and to use them to evangelize the lost.
- Obey the Great Commission (Matthew 28:19-20), by evangelizing the lost using the Scriptures, personal witnessing and other effective means as led by the Spirit
- Follow up new Christians with discipleship and by encouraging the study of the Word through Correspondence Courses.
- Build up and strengthen existing churches and assist in planting new churches.
The following brief summary of belief is accepted by all Pocket Testament League personnel:
- The inspiration and authority of the whole Bible (Old & New Testaments) as the full revelation of God by the Holy Spirit.
- The Deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, His virgin birth, His substitutionary atoning death on the cross, His bodily resurrection and His personal return.
- The necessity of the new birth for entering the Kingdom of God (John 3).
- The obligation upon all believers to be witnesses of the Lord Jesus Christ and seek the salvation of others.
The ministry of The Pocket Testament League is Scripture distribution combined with evangelism, preaching and personal contacts. The ministry is carried out by evangelists of many nations. Almost all of those serving abroad are nationals of the country where they serve.
The Pocket Testament League evangelists use a wide variety of means to take the truth of Jesus Christ and God’s love to the world. Where people need to hear, The Pocket Testament League evangelists go and tell:
From massive annual campaigns in India to the Chinese in hospitals in New York,
From villages in Spain with no evangelical church to international airports,
From refugee camps in Austria to National Sports events in Indonesia,
From prisons on America’s East Coast to the hill tribes in Thailand,
From schools in the Philippines to military camps in Korea,
From retirement homes in Australia to soccer fields in Portugal,
From remote villages in Mexico to radio stations in Yugoslavia,
From city to town to village to school to home to Individual,
Pocket Testament League evangelists take the Gospel throughout the world.
‘How, then, can they call on the one they have not believed in?
And how can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them? And how can they preach unless they are sent?’ Romans 10:14-15a
The Pocket Testament League is supported by gifts from the Lord’s people. Contributions to its ministry are acknowledged by receipt. All such contributions are utilized for the furtherance of its objectives. The expressed instructions of any donor in regard to the application of funds contributed to the League will be respected and carried out as far as is practicable. Donations nominated for a particular appeal that exceed the target for that appeal shall be redirected to other areas of the ministry.
Membership of the League is by signing the following pledge:
“I hereby accept membership of the Pocket Testament League by making it the habit of my life to read a portion of the Bible each day and to carry a Bible, Testament or Gospel with me.”
The Pocket Testament League in Australia is under the leadership and guidance of an Executive Board. The Board and staff look to God as their governing authority.